Several months ago, I started seeing reviews and giveaways of Woolzies popping up all over blogdom. About this same time, my daughter was becoming more interested in natural products, so I thought I should see what the Woolzies rage was all about.
What are Woolzies Dryer Balls ? The company website gives this description:
Woolzies are pure handmade New Zealand wool dryer balls that soften your laundry naturally without any of the chemicals of conventional fabric softeners. Unlike the plastic dryer balls, they are PVC free and won't fall apart or melt on you. Woolzies save time and energy by cutting down on drying time by an average of 25% per load. They also help reduce static and wrinkles.The men in my house tend to have dry, sensitive skin, so I was happy that Woolzies are 100% hypoallergenic. And unlike dryer sheets and fabric softener, Woolzies don't leave a residue on your clothes or in your dryer and dryer filter. I'd already stopped using dryer sheets and fabric softener for the most part, substituting a vinegar rinse in the washer instead (which I still do, even when using Woolzies). I never liked using liquid fabric softener anyway -- I find it a bit messy.
Using Woolzies Dryer Balls is so simple. Just throw the six balls in on top of your clothes and turn on the dryer. While the clothes are drying, you may hear a soft thumping of the Woolzies doing their job.
I've been using my Woolzies for about a month, and here are my observations so far:
- Our clothes are coming out quite soft and with no static -- even my fleece throw blankets.
- My loads seem to be drying a bit faster and definitely more evenly.
- The laundry feels cleaner to me than when I used softener or dryer sheets, and I enjoy the lack of scent.
- My Woolzies continue to get softer with each use, and seem to work even better over time.
- Woolzies make me smile. Really, they do! It's just a little bit more fun to do laundry with them, especially when I find them in funny places like a sleeve or pant leg. But then, I might just be easily amused.
Woolzies provided me with a set of Woolzies Dryer Balls to try -- and they want to give a set of Woolzies Dryer Balls to one of my readers, too!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This giveaway is now closed -- congratulations to our winner, Lori J!
Disclaimer: While a free sample was provided by Woolzies, all views stated here are my own. This post contains affiliate links.