Image Map

January 2, 2013

I am being unmade for this earth...




May I be daily more and more conformed to thee,
with the meekness and calmness of the Lamb in my soul,
and with a feeling sense of the felicity of heaven,
where I long to join angels free from inperfections,
where in me the image of my adored savior will be completely restored,
so that I may be fit for his enjoyments and employments.
I am not afraid to look the king of terrors in the face,
for I know I shall be drawn, not driven, out of the world.
Until then let me continually glow and burn out for thee,
and when the last great change shall come let me awake in thy likeness,
leaving behind me an example that will glorify thee,
while my spirit rejoices in heaven,
and my memory is blessed upon earth,
with those who follow praising thee for my life.

from "Retrospect and Prospect," Valley of Vision

1 comment:

We don't all have to agree, but please be nice!